WHO WE ARE
Noble Oak Spirits Company is a private limited liability company with a principal place of business at 18 W 24th St., 4th Floor, New York, NY 10010.
- What types of personal data we collect;
- How we collect personal data;
- When and why we share it with other organisations, including the types of organisations involved;
- How long we keep personal data for; and
- The rights and choices you have with regards to your personal data.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS?
- Your name, age/date of birth (for age verification purposes) and location;
- Your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the website (Technical Data);
- Your correspondence and communications with Noble Oak;
- Information about how you use our website, products and services (Usage Data);
- Personal data, which you have maybe shared via a public platform (such as on Noble Oak’s Facebook or Instagram feed);
- Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Online browsing activities on Noble Oak website.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data by different methods, including:
- Direct interactions. This includes personal data you provide when:
- You subscribe to receive our newsletter;
- When you attend one of our events or visit one of our sites;
- When you contact us, for whatever reason.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
We also collect Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers (such as Google)
- Advertising networks; and
- Search information providers
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Noble Oak (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- With your agreement, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (but only when you’ve given your consent to be contacted by us);
- We may send you personalised communications based on your preferences, and use of Noble Oak’s products;
- To verify your identity and your age;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- To enable Noble Oak to manage any customer service interactions with you;
- To ensure that our web content is presented in the most efficient way for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website, when you choose to do so; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL REASON FOR HOLDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Data Protection Laws require us to state our legal reason for processing your personal data.
We rely on your consent to send you marketing communications about Noble Oak. You can withdraw your consent to receive these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe button included in the communications we send you, or by contacting us at [email protected]
Noble Oak also collects and uses your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a consumer; or
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The normal legal basis for processing consumer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Noble Oak, including:
- selling and supplying goods to our consumers;
- protecting consumers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products;
- understanding our consumers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and developing new products;
- handling consumer contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes; and
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud, or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your personal data, namely:
- to access your data;
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data;
- a right of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to object to direct marketing;
- not to be subject to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected]
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
To effectively fulfil our obligations to you, and to provide you with certain benefits, we use a number of trusted and reliable third parties to carry out functions which involve the processing of your Personal Data. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
- We use marketing service providers to administer services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our consumers, administering any promotions or ballots which we run.
- We use translation service providers to administer services on our behalf, such as translating communications received and sent in different languages.
- Other agencies and fulfilment partners to administer events, competitions and brand programs that you have opted into.
Some of the third party service providers we use may be based outside of the United States, but we will only transfer personal data to these service providers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection and security controls are in place to protect your personal data. We impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security which means that they can only use your personal data to provide services to Noble Oak or to you, and no other purpose.
We may provide information to others (such as governmental or law enforcement agencies) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; (ii) comply with any legal claims raised against Noble Oak; (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Noble Oak; or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of the public.
If Noble Oak becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of our Website, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Website.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods will apply to different types of data. If you wish to have your data deleted or removed please contact [email protected]
We may use your personal data collected by recording phone calls and retaining a transcript of our live chats with you through our website for the following purposes:
1. Account management;
2. Prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of fraud;
3. Complaint handling and resolution;
4. Measuring the quality of the call;
5. Internal training on call handling.
We have a legitimate interest in retaining calls and live chats in order to offer our consumers a good service and to protect our business. If you object to the call recording, you may choose to end the call when you are informed that calls may be recorded. If you use our live chat function to get in touch with us, you will be informed that we will keep a record of the discussion at the start of the chat and you will be able to end the chat at any time. You will have the option to contact us through alternative means. All calls and live chat records will be retained for a period of one year.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Noble Oak is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct usage of personal data, we monitor and adjust our physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect online.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way in which your Personal Data is processed, please contact [email protected]
This policy may change from time to time. If we change anything important we will notify or contact you.