Working with cool and socially-conscious companies is something we are accustomed to at Noble Oak but we never thought our path would let us something this delicious (other than our bourbon). We most recently met the great people at Indi Chocolate in Seattle, who helped us create a treat for all to enjoy!
Indi Chocolate is not just doing great things in Seattle but they are making a concerted effort to give back around the world. Indi chocolate works directly with cacao farmers around the world to provide a higher income to farmers. Cacao farmers in the country of origin grow cacao interspersed with hardwood trees, medicinal plants, and crops that provide food for the families. Plants on their farms include plantains, corn, pineapple, guava, yucca and so much more. The biodiversity of the farms provides nutrient-rich soil that contributes to the flavor of the cacao itself and provides a sustainable method of growing cacao. We are so happy to have worked together with such a wonderful company!
Using their masterful knowledge of chocolate they decided to pair their 72% dark chocolate with our liquid to create a Cacao-Infused Noble Oak Bourbon! Yum!
And the best part is that it is just as easy to make at home. Indi Chocolate sells a Cacao-Infusion kit that you can buy online (please see link below), and along with your bottle of Noble Oak, you can make your own Cacao-Infused Bourbon! This bourbon is not just great to sip but is also great if you want to add something special to your bourbon-forward cocktails.
Here is how to do it:
Cacao-Infused Noble Oak Bourbon
- Pour Noble Oak Bourbon into the Indi Chocolate Cinnamon Infusion Kit and let it sit for 5-7 days
Molé Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. Cacao-Infused Noble Oak Bourbon (see above recipe!)
- 4 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
- 1 tsp. raw sugar (a white, granulated cube is also acceptable)
- 1 pinch of Indi Chocolate Molé Cacao Spice Rub
- 1 swath of orange peel
- 1 swath of lemon peel
- Combine sugar, Indi Chocolate Molé Cacao Spice Rub, bitters, and peels in the bottom of a glass, then grind with a muddling device to release the essence of the citrus zest and dissolve the sugar.
- Add 2 oz. of Cacao-Infused Noble Oak Bourbon and stir
- Add the best ice available and stir to ensure all ingredients are dissolved
- Sip and enjoy!
Please Enjoy Responsibly!